Thursday, July 26, 2012

Laundry room update

Remember way back when I mentioned that I wanted to update the laundry room? Let me refresh you with a photo of what it used to look like:


Lots of random stuff all piled up on bare boards that are balanced on (as in, not attached to) metal brackets. Seafoam green wall. Yes, this is the stuff of one's laundry room dreams.

Or, you know, maybe not.

But here's what I, an award-winning blogger, have learned: a can of paint and a little cleaning makes a big difference.

Oh, and a few cheap baskets from Michael's and a homemade chalkboard help, too.


Now, after some cleaning and throwing away and reorganizing, and after a few coats of paint on the board and a chalkboard on the wall, I give you this:



It's probably not Pinterest-worthy, but it's definitely nicer to look at. I like the way the colors all work together.

The pink and white basket holds ironing supplies (well, other than the ironing board on the left, obviously). The navy one has dryer sheets and a few random odds and ends that fit much more neatly into the basket than they ever did when stacked haphazardly on the shelves.

(Side notes: Yes, we have random things like plastic cups and paper plates on our laundry room shelves. That's what happens when you live in a 1500-square-foot condo and don't have tons of extra space to work with. And if you're wondering about the large Styrofoam ring on the right, it came with the washer. You're supposed to put it in the washer whenever you move it so that it holds in place rather than shifting and possibly breaking. I'd never have even thought of that, but hey, those people at Whirlpool know what they're talking about.)

Have you found any quick, easy projects that make a space look a lot better?

Sorry for my lack of posting lately (and the fact that it took me a while to get this project up on the blog). I've had a busy summer with lots of traveling. I've also been working on some other projects--too busy working on them to write about them, apparently! I'm hoping to catch up with the posts soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment