Hello, everyone. It's been a while! I've been busy with all kinds of stuff, including projects, traveling, and much more.
I'm here to talk about a blogger award I recently received: the One Lovely Blogger Award and the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. OK, I guess technically that's two awards. I don't think my blog is all that lovely or inspiring (the irony that I'm writing a post recognizing how inspiring I am when I'm posting for the first time in almost a month is not lost on me), but I still appreciate the recognition!
Lisha from One House One Couple nominated me. Thanks, Lisha!
If you don't already follow her blog, you should. It's awesome. And--speaking of awards--inspiring. Very inspiring. She and her husband bought a house and basically redid the whole place (we're talking some serious renovations) and sold it.
I get overwhelmed painting the bathroom. So redoing a whole house? Whoa.
The rules of these awards:
Thank the person who nominated you and link back to them in your post, share seven things about yourself, and nominate 15 bloggers you admire, leaving a comment on each of their blogs to let them know they've been nominated.
Seven things about me:
1. I'm left-handed. There are a lot of lefties in my family. In fact, my brother and I are both left-handed, but our parents are both right-handed. Weird, right?
2. I love college sports. I grew up in a state (Kentucky) with no pro sports teams of any sort, so most Kentuckians care more about college sports than professional sports. My favorite teams are the University of Kentucky and Xavier University.
3. I swam competitively for 15 years. I was a distance swimmer (meaning I swam long, boring events like the mile). I can't wait for the Olympics to start soon!
4. I enjoy learning foreign languages. I took four years of Spanish in high school and even majored in it in college. I also took two years of German in high school and a semester in college (I wanted to do more but couldn't fit it into my schedule). I even received an award in high school for studying multiple modern foreign languages, and I got a foreign language scholarship in college!
5. During the day, I usually leave HGTV on in the background whenever I'm doing stuff around the house.I could seriously watch it all day. I probably wouldn't accomplish too much else, though, if I did that.
6. I haven't visited much of the western half of the U.S. However, I have visited six different countries in Europe (England, France, Switzerland, Italy, Austria, and Germany). London is one of my favorite cities ever. Lucerne, Switzerland, is pretty fabulous, too.
7. I love to read. Once I find a book I like, it's not unusual for me to reread it every year or so.
OK, I'm still pretty new to the blogging world, so 15 blogs seems like a lot to me. So, instead, I'm going to nominate.... one. Yep. Just one. Am I a slacker? Perhaps. But you're talking to someone who hasn't posted on her blog in a month, so it seems fitting.
Anyway, here's my nomination: Ashley from Attempts at Domestication. I think I've read just about every entry on her blog, and I've really enjoyed following along as she and her husband fix up and decorate the house they recently bought. Her latest project is pretty awesome. (Oh, and she has some good recipes, too!)
Thanks again, Lisha!