Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Shopping at Michaels

Yesterday I talked about some things I'd found at Goodwill. Today I'll talk about the great deals I got on new items--from Michaels.

I think I went to Michaels three different times last week. Whew.

On the first trip, I got some flowers for a couple of projects I'm working on. (Hint: Remember these vases?)


The purple flowers were on sale for $1.79, I think. (I need to do a better job of keeping track of exact prices if I'm going to brag about getting a good deal!) The daisies were on sale for 75 cents each. I knew I wanted some different colors, but I couldn't decide which, so I decided to get the white ones and then think on the other colors and come back later.

A couple of days later, I headed back to the store. After some more hemming and hawing (that makes me sound so old), I decided to get these daisies, too:


They were no longer on sale for 75 cents. However, they were now 50% off from their original price of $1.99. Plus, I had a coupon for 20% off my whole purchase (because it was Customer Appreciation Week), so they came to about 80 cents each.

I also got these baskets.


They were originally about $10 each (I think the navy was $9.99 and the pink and white was $10.99), but there was a sale and all baskets were 40% off, so that saved me some money. And again, I had the coupon for 20% off the entire purchase, so that knocked the price down even more. Yeah coupons!

I have some plans for these items in the works. I'll share some updates soon!

2 comments:

  1. I love that pink and white basket. I want to go to Micheal's now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that pink and white basket! I can't wait to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete