Thursday, April 26, 2012

Upcoming Projects, Part II

Welcome to part two of the "Upcoming Projects" series. If you missed part one, you can find it here.

Here are the next couple of things on my list:

Those blank walls

Look at this wall in our bedroom.



It's very empty. It has the TV up against it, but that's it. I'm not sure what to do. Two things that match, or coordinate, on each side of the TV? Something different on each side of the TV? One big long picture or series of pictures across the top of the wall?

I need something for above the bed, too.

I really wish that vent was somewhere else.

Oh, and above the chest of drawers. And I need something to go on top of the chest of drawers.



Here's a big blank wall in the bathroom. Any artwork ideas here?



The desk

This desk sits downstairs, in the space between our family room and dining room.



You can just ignore the dust.

This desk is kind of the landing space for things like mail, coupons, etc. I've already started working on some improvements (more on that later), but I still have some ideas.

I'd like to get the things that are on there organized. The photo album needs to be filled with the photos sitting on top of it. The papers in the black container on the far right need to be filed. The coupons and gift cards need to be organized in the small gold box that they're currently stacked in.

I have a few bigger-picture things I want to do, too. I'd like to paint the desk black. I'm a little nervous about this, but I think it can be done. Michelle at Decor and the Dog has a great tutorial here about painting furniture. I think I could do it! (Side note: Isn't her dog cute?!?!?)

I'd like to get a new chair, too. Here's what we have now:


I'd rather get something like this (not sure yet on a color):
Photo from World Market

However, most chairs like this are outside of my budget, so I think I'm going to try to find a similar style at Goodwill and then paint and reupholster it myself. I'm not too worried about doing that, but I am a little nervous about painting the desk.

What do you think? Any ideas for those blank walls? Have you ever painted a desk or reupholstered a chair? If so, how did it turn out?

No comments:

Post a Comment