Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A little home decor

The top of our entertainment center holds several framed photos. All the pictures are my family photos. None of them shows any type of evidence that another person lives here or that I'm even married.

David and I agreed it was time to redecorate. We're going to replace those photos with some photos from our wedding, but I thought it would be nice to use something else in addition to the pictures.

I found these hurricanes over at two twenty-one and thought they would be perfect. I especially liked the green of the split peas. I decided to give them a try.

I already had three vases left over from our wedding. I bought three candlesticks at Goodwill (total: about $7) and white pillar candles from Garden Ridge (total: about $8). Split peas came from the grocery store (total: about $1.50).

I used Scotch Maximum Strength glue and glued the vases to the candlesticks. I went ahead and put the candles and split peas in each vase, mainly because I'm impatient but also because I thought the extra weight might be helpful in keeping the vases and candlesticks together as the glue dried.

Here's the finished product. It's now on our dining room table, but will get moved to the entertainment center once the wedding photos are ready to go. Sorry these photos are blurry.... I took them on my phone.



Stay tuned.... there are a couple more home improvement/decorating projects on their way, and I hope to get them posted soon!

1 comment:

  1. I love hurricane jars with candles! They are so pretty! Thanks for stopping by my blog today! :)

    ReplyDelete