Well, it's finally here.... the "after" pictures from painting the bathroom.
I hadn't forgotten about posting these, as you may suspect, but rather, we had some problems with reinstalling the two corner shelves. Pieces broke off of both and had to be glued back on, and I couldn't put them back in with a screwdriver and the old holes, as I'd originally planned. Gluing the shelves, finding the power drill charger and charging it, and buying new screws all take time--not that much time, of course, but of course we weren't on top of this project like we probably should've been. Besides, other home improvement projects like door handles and light fixtures seemed to get in the way.
But the shelves got fixed and reinstalled, and the bathroom was finally complete. So, without further ado, here are a few pictures:
Yep, yellow. That's the color I decided on. More specifically, it's Summer Wheat by Valspar. After going through more paint swatches than you can imagine and trying two different colors on the wall, this was the final pick. It ended up being a little brighter than I'd imagined (and brighter than it looks in these photos), but I've gotten used to the brightness and actually really like it now. David told me the other day that it's really grown on him, too. He said he thought it was a little different and he liked that.
I'd also like to replace the mirror, but that's a project for another day.
Now the upstairs bathroom needs to be painted! I don't think I'm quite ready for that just yet, though....