Monday, March 12, 2012

I'm back!

After a brief time away from the blogging world (things have been busy!), I'm back. There's a lot to cover, so let's do a bulleted list, shall we? I like lists.... especially bulleted ones.

  • Bathroom update. I know everyone is very anxious to see final pictures of the great bathroom remodeling project (uh, I mean, of the new paint color). It is finished, and it wasn't until last weekend that everything--OK, almost everything--got put back in place. I was attempting to put one of the shelves back up when a piece snapped off. It needs to be glued back together, but I haven't had time to do that yet (keep reading, and you'll see why). However, as soon as I get that taken care of and get the shelves put back on the wall, it will finally be COMPLETELY finished, and I will post pictures. The color? Still a secret. The results? Not quite what I'd expected, but I'm very happy with it.
  • Road trip. The past week has been a crazy one. A little over a week ago, David came home with the sad news that his uncle had been diagnosed with liver cancer. It was pretty advanced and had spread to four or five different places in his body, and the doctors said there wasn't much that could be done. Three days later, his uncle passed away. That was on a Monday, and on Wednesday evening, David, his brother, and I headed to New York for the visitation and funeral. We got back Saturday evening. If it hadn't been for the the sad reason for the trip, it would've been a fun time. The drive is long, but it's an easy one (almost all highway and very few back roads). David got to see a lot of his family again, and I got to see a few people again and meet some family members I'd never met. Overall, it was a nice visit.
  • Home improvements. Last weekend, we were in New York, but the weekend before that, David and I got quite a bit done around the house. We replaced all the door handles (the old, outdated ones were patterned and brass; the new, updated ones are bronze with a satin finish) and put in a new light fixture over the dining room table (again, the old was brass and the new was bronze). We don't plan to move for at least another year or two, and possibly more, but there are quite a few small projects that need to be done, and we figured we could do them sooner rather than later--that way, we can spread out the amount of time and money involved, and we can enjoy some of the updates before we move. I'll post pictures of the updates soon.
  • The car. This, too, deserves a post all its own. We decided to take my car to New York, and the day before we left, I took it to get an oil change and to get the tires rotated. Long story short, I ended up having to get two new tires as well. While we were in New York, the spoiler broke in half (yes, there are pictures, and yes, they'll get posted soon) and we had to tape it back together with duct tape for the drive home. David took the spoiler off the next day, but we're currently shopping around for a new one (preferably one that doesn't require paying $600). Anyone have any ideas?
  • Farewell to Peyton. This is a sad one, too. Peyton Manning and Jim Irsay announced last week that Peyton's career with the Indianapolis Colts has ended. I've always loved #18, and he's done an unbelievable amount for the team and the city. He'll be missed, and I'm sure he'll miss us, too. Thanks for everything you've done for us, Peyton, and good luck to you wherever you go (and I'm hoping it will be Denver).
More car and home improvement updates and pictures to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment