Friday, March 16, 2012

Friday

Happy Friday, everyone! What a great day.... it's Friday and the weekend is mere hours away, the weather is beautiful and HOT (in fact, we're supposed to reach a record-breaking high of 80 today here in Indy), and we're in the thick of March Madness

In fact, I'm watching basketball as I write this. My Kentucky Wildcats came through with a big win last night, and I'm hoping I'll soon be able to say the same for my Xavier Musketeers, who play tonight.

My brother is on spring break this week, and he's been in Indy for the past few days to see his girlfriend, who also lives here. Last night, the two of them came over for dinner and the Kentucky game. My brother is a big UK fan like me, so it was nice to have another fan to watch with.... unfortunately, there aren't as many as I'd like here in the middle of Big Ten country.

What are your plans for the weekend? Tonight, David and I are going to his friend's house to watch some basketball, and tomorrow we're going to meet my brother and his girlfriend for dinner and to watch the next UK game. (Funny story: My brother was home in Louisville over the weekend, and last night, as he and his girlfriend were leaving our house, we were talking about getting together tomorrow for the game. Then he said, "Oh yeah, we should have dinner. Dad gave me money last weekend and said it was for the four of us to go out to dinner." So, looking forward to a dinner on my parents. Thanks, Mom and Dad!)

So, yes, lots of basketball this weekend. I'm also going to work on my sister-in-law's wedding invitations.... they're getting married later this year and I'm designing the invites as part of a wedding gift to them. I'm also going to try to talk David into playing tennis with me at some point. He enjoys working out, so it shouldn't be too tough to convince him.  :)

And, of course, tomorrow is St. Patty's Day. Perhaps there will be some green-beer-drinking to go along with the basketball-watching.  :)

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment